Here are the stockings I have. They are red, quilted velvet stockings I found for $5.99 on sale! I bought four so in the future when we have kiddos they will have stockings that match their mommy and daddy's stockings! :)
Here's a close up of the tracing and Blake's "B" in progress.
Here's mine, all finished.
Here's Blake's, all complete! I think it look smore like an "R" than a "B" but I can always redo it if it continues to bother me.
On Nikki's blog she pinned the tracing to the fabric and sewed straight through the paper onto the fabric. When I was practicing, my paper kept tearing and so I pulled out my transfer paper and traced the letters right onto the fabric. This made it a lot easier for me to sew the letters onto the stockings.
The thread I used was crochet thread. I bought extra-fine, fine, medium and thick thread. I ended up using the fine thread because it didn't tangle as much and was easier to get through the fabric. I would advise practicing with fabric similar to the one you want to monogram through. Although it doesn't look like a professional job a machine would do, it is very crafty looking and I am really happy with them!
Now, it's time to take them down and I'll get to enjoy them in December! :)
Until next time,