Fruit/Object: Baby is the size of a cantaloupe!
Size: Baby weighs in at approximately 12 ounces and is 11 – 11 ½ inches long or 7 inches crown to rump.
Baby is as long as a sheet of copy paper!
-OR-most bracelets are 7 inches - that is the length of Baby from crown to rump. :)
Baby changes: Baby can hear mom’s heartbeat. Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
If you’re having a girl her uterus is fully formed and ovaries are holding about 7 million eggs. If you’re having a boy, his testicles have begun their descent from the abdomen.
Best Moment this past week: Hmmm…the week was pretty un-eventful. This past weekend was filled with a fun get-away. We went out to Blake’s mom and step-dad’s ranch in London, Texas. The weather was gorgeous and it was a nice day get-away. I want to go back soon. I posted pictures in the previous blog post. Too bad cameras can never capture the true beauty of a place.
The beautiful ranch...more pics below in previous post. :)
Food Craving: I am craving meat as of late. I want bbq and brisket and turkey and sausage. We went to Rudy’s one day this week (mainly I was craving their cream corn…yum!!) but then again we stopped in Junction on the way home from the ranch at Cooper’s BBQ which is always good. If I could mix Cooper’s brisket with Rudy’s sauce it would be awesome. And, of course I’m still craving sweets…but that is always whether I’m pregnant or not. :)
Mmmmmmmmm! Doesn't this looks SOOOOOOOOO good?!?! A little sauce and you're good to go!
What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to Friday 5/14 because I have another doctor’s appointment. Nothing too exciting like ultrasounds or anything but I’m sure the doc will pull out the doppler and we will get to hear the heartbeat. I love that part. And, just checking in and hearing how I’m progressing is always fun.
Also, we’ve nailed down some shower dates. Two in July. One here in Boerne and another one in Ft. Worth with my mom’s side of the family. We also nailed down a date for my friend Jennifer who is 3 weeks apart from me. Her’s will be in August. It seems far away but it’ll be here and gone before we know it!
Symptoms: This week’s round of email pregnancy updates promise of the following symptoms:
• Heartburn/indigestion: none so far. I actually had more heartburn before pregnancy.
• Occasional headaches: yes, mostly late afternoons. Also, something that has never happened before is I get headaches when it’s about to rain. A few weeks ago we had a week long rain storm and that entire week my neck and head hurt. The other day the clouds were getting dark and rain was in the forecast, in never rained, but again I got a headache and neck ache. I know it’s due to the barometric pressure but it didn’t happen until now so I’m not sure if it’s a change in the hormones due to pregnancy or not but it’s not fun. I hate rain!!
• Faintness/dizziness: Not really
• Leg cramps: No, thank goodness
• Mild swelling of ankles and feet: Not that I have noticed. I do have cankles though. LOL! I've always had cankles. Thank you Daddy! ;) (And if you don’t know what cankles are they are ankles with no real definition of an ankle from my calf muscle) Haha!! So, if they swell I might not tell a difference.
• Protruding naval: Nope